I bought this silk fabric some time ago and since then I have been looking for a perfect pattern. I realised that the fabric is very likely to fall into category "too good to use it". Eventually I found Burda 05-2009-115 and decided to give it a try.
It was my second time to sew with silk. This time I decided not to make a muslin. In process the fabric turned out to more difficult to work with. It's delicate, a bit sheer, and if you rip seam, it leaves visible trace.
The top was quite easy to sew, the real issue was in finishing. I didn't sew french seams, instead I used my serger. I also changed neck facings for bias tape finish.
There was no need to insert invisible zipper, instead I sew button and thread loop.
Burda's instructions, as it usually happens, were impossible to understand. I got stuck when finishing armscye for cap sleeves. Fortunately I have dress with similar sleeves, so I could figure out how to do it.
My top on a hanger: